Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mujahid
Frequent Visitor

Problem in sorting Matrix Columns

2.JPG

I chose matrix in visualization and put date field in column but I want to sort this date field in desc like 2019,2018,2017, 2016. It's in hierarchy due to drilling down. Allow sorting by these year. Like sort by total is available but I want values to be sorted any of the year. Is it possible or not. I work around alot but No luck.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You cannot sort on the columns like this in the Matrix visual. What you can do is, sort by by the Date column (Descending) when in Power Query window

Yes extracly I want to sort header column in desc.

ansa_naz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Im afraid it is not possible currently, as I had this requirement not too long ago and found it couldnt be done. Im sure there is a post in the Ideas website, you could upvote that and maybe someone in the dev team will look at it soon

In fact it is this one:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/32236672-sort-by-individual-colum...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.