Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Escillo
Frequent Visitor

Problem for Change an URL parts with a combobox

hello everyone

(I'm sorry if my English is bad, I'm French and I'm not an expert in this language)

I have a problem with a job given by a colleague and I have little knowledge of Power Query (and VBA is worse).

I explain: I have collected data from a URL of a site that compiles the statistics of visits on the homepage of our site. This URL contains filters generated by the statistics site. Among these filters, there is a date. The statistics are those of the month of the filtered date. I need to set up a drop-down list in which each option will change the date directly in the retrieved URL, and this on the same starting sheet.

Example: if I choose "November 2018" in the drop-down list, the date in the URL will become "01-11-2018", for "December 2018", it will become "01-12-2018", etc. after.

I have already looked everywhere to add parameters to Power Query and to dynamically modify the URL with VBA, but I can not find a precise answer to my problem.

Can you help me please?

Best regards.

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Escillo,

You may take a good look at the following posts.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, your links have already helped me understand that I can not use the & operator for a number and many others things, I must first convert it to text with Number.ToText ().

But I did not find the answer I wanted and another was addressed by my colleague.

I would like tu use this month settings in the main function instead of the code, how i am doing please?

Capture.JPG

And i have discover an antoher problem, The function MATOMO generates a function called each time it is used, how to make it the same function that is updated?

Capture02.JPG

Escillo
Frequent Visitor

Up please

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.