Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Problem creating connection to Oracle model

Good morning to the whole community

I am currently working on a DB that is hosted on an Oracle server. I can connect without problem to the server and see the repository where I have saved the views of the tables that I will need. There is one of these views that gives me an error when I try to connect via DirectQuery (it should be clarified that if I have the latest version of the Oracle OBDC installed, then the client is not because I only see this problem with a particular view):

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-29 at 10.37.27 AM.jpeg

And when I try to do it via import it stays loading the connection to the model and from there it does not happen:

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-29 at 3.31.16 PM.jpeg

The curious part is that it only happens to me with this view-table, with the others it loads me without any problem. The only difference is that the VR_PBI_COMERCIANTES view is larger but it is not so much either - it has just over 360 thousand rows, something that for Power BI is not a problem to handle. I already tried to clear the boxes in the data upload options and nothing. I don't know what I can do, please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply. The version of ODAC can not be changed since I am working directly on the server, however I decided to wait for the data load and after a while - about 30 minutes - I could load the view. This looks like a glitch of Power BI's Oracle connection.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

Try to  installed an older version of 64-bit ODAC 12c Release 4 (12.1.0.2.4) for Windows x64.

Similar question refer:https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/odac-downloads.html

Alternatively you can try to create another similar view based on the problem view (delete tables, fields in the view and use rownum to limit the amount of data to try again to locate the problem).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Thank you for your reply. The version of ODAC can not be changed since I am working directly on the server, however I decided to wait for the data load and after a while - about 30 minutes - I could load the view. This looks like a glitch of Power BI's Oracle connection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.