Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sat25
Regular Visitor

Problem creating a relationship bettwen tables

Hi Guys, hope you can help, im struggling to make a relationship bettwen two table, i put the images hope you can help me.

I have a Product Table

Sat25_0-1636377587958.png

The sales table

Sat25_1-1636377625208.png

and i want to make a relationship but gives me a error

Sat25_2-1636377711608.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Sat25,

It seems like power bi tries to recognize the fields which you choose and it found fewer values can be matched, so it suggests your use 'many to many' mode with highlight notices messages.
For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you extract the two table values to create a bridge table with unique values to link two tables records.

How to Join Many to Many with a Bridge Table in Power BI | Seer Interactive

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Sat25,

It seems like power bi tries to recognize the fields which you choose and it found fewer values can be matched, so it suggests your use 'many to many' mode with highlight notices messages.
For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you extract the two table values to create a bridge table with unique values to link two tables records.

How to Join Many to Many with a Bridge Table in Power BI | Seer Interactive

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

It's a warning (not an error) so you can continue BUT I think 1->many from Product->Sales is what you want

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.