Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rogeriosouzax
Regular Visitor

Problem calculating percentage total - bar chart

Hello guys!

I'm new in Power BI 🙂 I'm trying to create a bar chart to display my data but it's working partially.

I create a new measure to calculate the percentage of total. Follow my formula:

Medida = DIVIDE(COUNT(Consulta1[Intervalo]);CALCULATE(COUNT(Consulta1[Intervalo]);ALLEXCEPT(Consulta1;Consulta1[Familia_Concorrente_SAP];Consulta1[Ano];Consulta1[Mes];Consulta1[Br_atual];Consulta1[Regional_atual];Consulta1[UF]; Consulta1[CANAL_Atualizado];Consulta1[SUB CANAL_Atualizado];Consulta1[ABORDAGEM_Atualizado];Consulta1[FAMÍLIA SAP];Consulta1[EMBALAGEM SAP])))

This is a scenario using a filter that works properly.
Correto.png
This is a scenario that I use a multi-selection filter in field "UF", when I use "multi-selection" the value display becomes incorrect. Follow example:
Incorreto.png
My question is: why it works properly in a specific scenario and it doesn't using multi-selection one.

Best regards,

Roger
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rogeriosouzax

Hi, try with this:

Medida = DIVIDE(SUM(Table1[Valor]),CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Valor]),ALLSELECTED(Table1[Faixa])))

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rogeriosouzax,

Seems like the slicers are both multi-selection slicers in your two screenshots, to be general, you may modify your measure like pattern below and try again:

Medida =
DIVIDE (
    COUNT ( Consulta1[Intervalo] );
    CALCULATE ( COUNT ( Consulta1[Intervalo] ); ALLSELECTED ( Consulta1 ) )
)

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft,

Thank you for feedback 🙂

I tried the pattern that you suggested. It works but not like I expected.

I got the total percentage, if I sum all values referent A and B I have 99,99% and it's right. But I need that the sum of all B columns displays 100%(or almost it) and all A columns displays 100%(or almost it).

How could I do that? Is it possible? I tried the last pattern with ALLEXCEPT but using some filters the value displayed is incorrect.

Best regards,

Roger.

@rogeriosouzax,

I got the total percentage, if I sum all values referent A and B I have 99,99% and it's right. But I need that the sum of all B columns displays 100%(or almost it) and all A columns displays 100%(or almost it).

How could I do that? Is it possible? I tried the last pattern with ALLEXCEPT but using some filters the value displayed is incorrect.

I tried the pattern that you suggested. It works but not like I expected.

Could you clarify more about "display 100%"? If possible, could you please share some sample data?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yuta-msft,

The 100% represents the sum of all columns related to a Product (Produto).

I created a new scenario to simulate the problem. I reduce the number of fields to make it easy.

Dashboard SimulationDashboard Simulation

The dataset that I used is:

FamiliaProdutoBRRegionalFaixaValor
HomeBlue-RayBR1SPA1
HomeTVBR2MTB1
HomeBlue-RayBR3ALC1
HomeTVBR1SPD1
HomeBlue-RayBR2MTE1
HomeTVBR3ALA1
HomeBlue-RayBR1SPB1
HomeTVBR2MTC1
HomeBlue-RayBR3ALD1
HomeTVBR1SPE1
HomeBlue-RayBR2MTA1
HomeTVBR3ALB1
HomeBlue-RayBR1SPC1
HomeTVBR2MTD1
HomeBlue-RayBR3ALE1
HomeTVBR1SPA1
HomeBlue-RayBR2MTB1
HomeTVBR3ALC1
HomeBlue-RayBR1SPD1
HomeTVBR2MTE1
HomeBlue-RayBR3ALA1
HomeTVBR1SPB1
HomeBlue-RayBR2MTC1
HomeTVBR3ALD1
HomeBlue-RayBR1SPE1
HomeX-BoxBR1SPA1
HomeX-BoxBR2MTB1
HomeX-BoxBR3ALC1
HomeX-BoxBR1SPD1
HomeX-BoxBR2MTE1
HomeX-BoxBR3ALA1
HomeX-BoxBR1SPB1
HomeX-BoxBR2MTC1
HomeX-BoxBR3ALD1
HomeX-BoxBR1SPE1

I’m using two bar charts to check and to explain the scenario.

The barchart below I use just to check the values, notice that if you sum de percentage the value is 100% (23,08% + 15,38% + 23,08% + 15,38% + 23,08%). I also filter this chart by the “Produto” that I need to check.

Chart to verify percentageChart to verify percentage

Here is how I configured it.

Chart 1 - set upChart 1 - set up

This second barchart represents the comparison between my “Produtos”, I use a measure to calculate the value.

The measure (“medida”) formula is: Medida = DIVIDE(COUNT('chamado-ms'[Faixa]);CALCULATE(COUNT('chamado-ms'[Faixa]);ALLEXCEPT('chamado-ms';'chamado-ms'[Familia];'chamado-ms'[Produto];'chamado-ms'[BR];'chamado-ms'[Regional])))

Chart 2 - Comparison between "Produtos"Chart 2 - Comparison between "Produtos"

Here is how I configured chart 2.

Chart 2 - set upChart 2 - set up

Now I will show two scenarios, the first one is when it works properly and the second one is when I get the unexpected behavior.

Scenario 1: Filtering only by “Produto”.

scenario 1scenario 1

The values related to “Produto” Blue-Ray are equal in both charts, if we sum the values we get the value 100% (23,08% + 15,38% + 23,08% + 15,38% + 23,08%).

The value when we sum the second product “TV” is also correct (100,01%).

Scenario 2: Filtering by “Produto” and “Regional”.

Scenario 2Scenario 2

When I add this filter, my measure “medida” calculates the value incorretly.

How could I fix it? I have no idea about the reason of this behavior 😞

Best regards

Roger

@rogeriosouzax

Hi, try with this:

Medida = DIVIDE(SUM(Table1[Valor]),CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Valor]),ALLSELECTED(Table1[Faixa])))

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

Hi @Vvelarde,

It works!!! Thank you!

Just a point that I want to share. When I try to "Sort by column" using a different column  I have the following behavior.

Using a different field to Sort By ColumnUsing a different field to Sort By Column

All columns displays 100%, it's crazy, isn't it? kkk

Well, it's working as I need now (I will use the default "sort").

Thank you @v-yuta-msft and @Vvelarde for help!

Best regards,

Roger

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.