Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jbrinker
Frequent Visitor

Problem Using a Date Slicer with a Specific Field

Hi,

For some reason I am struggling getting a slicer to be used with a specific date field.  I have deleted most items from my data model so I am left with a pretty simple model.  I have a Calendar table (set as a Date Table) and an Incidents table (from Dynamics 365).  When I create a relationship between the Calendar table Date field to the Incident table createdon field everything works as expected.

However when I change that relationship to the Incident table modifiedon field my date slicers no longer work.  When selecting a value such as Year the visuals are all blank.  The only option that works in the date slicer is Blank.  Something must not be formatted correctly with modifiedon field.  That field is set a Data type Date.  

Not sure what is happening.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  

Relationships.pngData Type - Created On.pngData Type - Modified On.png

Thanks in advance.

Jeff B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @amitchandak,

Thanks for the fast response which help point me to get this item fixed.  I was changing the modifiedon field type in the data view but it actually needed to be updated in the Edit Queries section.   When looking at the field in the query editor it was set at Date/Time/Timezone.  Once I change the data type to a Date in the Edit Queries section the issues was resolved.

Thanks for the assistance in pointing me to a solution.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The kind of stuff can happen when you miss some dates on the calendar. But looking the sample seems like modification on seems have the same range as created on.

is modification on having a timestamp. And not visible because of format. If it does not help. To help you further I need pbix file. If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.Thanks.

Also, you can join both dates with time and use userelation in your formula. Check My Recent Blog where I used two dates

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks.

My Recent Blog -

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods/ba-p...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

Hi @amitchandak,

Thanks for the fast response which help point me to get this item fixed.  I was changing the modifiedon field type in the data view but it actually needed to be updated in the Edit Queries section.   When looking at the field in the query editor it was set at Date/Time/Timezone.  Once I change the data type to a Date in the Edit Queries section the issues was resolved.

Thanks for the assistance in pointing me to a solution.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.