Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FarmaVip

Problem: Summing Values from another Table, only using Mesures.

Hi guys,

I want to change my connections in power bi from import to direct query, for that I need to find  a solution to this problem that only envolve mesures and not adding columns to my data.

I have 2 tables in my model

Table 1 - (name: Infoprex - Olivais) - Table that shows product information (ID, Price, margin, etc...)

FarmaVip_2-1664737468365.png

Table 2 - Table with Sales information, (ID of the product, name, price, Date of the sale, etc...)

FarmaVip_1-1664737321057.png

Both tables are connected by product ID (one to one connection).

What do I want to do?

I want to sum the margin (Column: "Margem") of all products sold (Table 2).

The problem is the margin ("Margem") column is only available in Table 1.

My "old" solution was to creat a  Column in Table 2 and getting the Margin column from Table 1 using the Related Function and then sum it (in red in the image above).

But I want another solution that  uses only mesures.

Can someone help me 😄 ?

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@FarmaVip Perhaps I am missing something. Why is it not just SUM('Table 2'[Margem]) ? That would be the sum of all Margem in Table 2. If you put NOM from table 1 in a visualization along with that measure then as long as there is a relationship between the two you will get the sum of the Margem for each product.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler 

Because "Table 2'[Margem] is a custom column that I create that take the values from Table 1[Margem]  using the Related function. I want to do this withou creating any custom column.

I want to use Direct Query to connect my data. That way I can't creat or modify any data inside powerbi (and creat new columns). So I have to use mesures to solve this problem.

FarmaVip_0-1664749838637.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.