Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pbright86
Frequent Visitor

Problem - Can't get desired selection from the slicer to map.

Ran into an issue regarding slicers. Have a slicer with a list of counties, the state of MN, and county designations all in one. I want to be able to select multiple counties: ex: "Aitkin" and "Anoka", or a county and a designation, ex: "Aitkin" and "Rural Counties" and see the results in the line chart and the location on the map. So far I'm able to get the line chart and the map to do what I want, showing individual counties, the state or designations as shown below, as long as I select individual counties. Working.PNG

However I can't do the same if I want to see all of the Metropolitan Counties for example. When I select the "Metropolitan Counties" selection, the line chart is ok, but the map doesn't show all of the Metro counties.
Not Working.PNG

Not sure of the next steps or if it's even possible to get the desired result. Very limited knowledge of DAX. Thanks in advance for any information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hmm, unfortunately, it is so.

If it is ok for you, please close the topic and mark the relevant post as an answer. Thank you Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @pbright86,

what about wrong geocoding? Is the Metropolitan county geocoded already in your source or do you use Bing?

I'm using the integrated Bing map as it's right now the only solution for the group I'm working for.

I've tried to find Metropolitan County in Minnesota, but Bing can find it. But Aitkin County was found without problems. The problem is the geocoding.

The Metropolitan, Micropolitan, and Rural County are classes of counties so they should return more than one county.

Hmm, I see. I don't think so it is possible to geocode them this way.

Yes, without them being geocoded on Bing's maps, I'm starting to think that this is impossible. It would be possible I think if I used ArcGIS, but can't use that for this purpose.

Hmm, unfortunately, it is so.

If it is ok for you, please close the topic and mark the relevant post as an answer. Thank you Smiley Happy

The counties are defined by their status in a seprate column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.