Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

innasmith

Pro License - no extension granted

Hi Team -

I was using Power BI Pro trial that has now expired. Upon expiration, I briefly received a notification to extend the trial, however, it dissapeared immediately as I tried to follow it. I have not received the extension notification since then. Can you please advise if you could extend my trial? And if so, for how long is my organization eligble to extend the trial for? 

Thanks for your support! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @innasmith,

Based on the official document, it has announced that "Beginning June 1, 2017 existing users of the Free service who have been active within the past year (on or before May 2, 2017) will be eligible for a free, 12-month extended trial of Power BI Pro."

Besides, your account must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for the Extended Pro Trial offer.

• Power BI Free users active between May 3, 2016 and May 2, 2017 are eligible for an Extended Pro Trial.
  • Users that have previously used or are currently on the 60-day in-product Pro trial are still eligible for the Extended Pro Trial.

And there are two ways to activate the Extended Pro Trial. The first is when you sign into Power BI. If you had dismissed that, you will also see an option within the notification area.

For more details about extending pro license trail, you could have a good look at this article.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @innasmith,

Based on the official document, it has announced that "Beginning June 1, 2017 existing users of the Free service who have been active within the past year (on or before May 2, 2017) will be eligible for a free, 12-month extended trial of Power BI Pro."

Besides, your account must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for the Extended Pro Trial offer.

• Power BI Free users active between May 3, 2016 and May 2, 2017 are eligible for an Extended Pro Trial.
  • Users that have previously used or are currently on the 60-day in-product Pro trial are still eligible for the Extended Pro Trial.

And there are two ways to activate the Extended Pro Trial. The first is when you sign into Power BI. If you had dismissed that, you will also see an option within the notification area.

For more details about extending pro license trail, you could have a good look at this article.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How long have you had your trial?  Mine is more than 1 year and is about to expire. MS used to extend as often as you wanted, but changed it a year ago, hence why mine is about to expire. I understand the no longer offer extensions, and I wonder if the brief glimpse of the extension option is related to a legacy accountlike mine. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.