Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RachHE
Frequent Visitor

Private bookmarks

Hi

Is it possible to create private bookmarks? By that I mean the report developer creates them and can use them in Desktop only i.e. not visible to users in the Service?

I'm using bookmarks with buttons to enable navigation around a single page and show/hide content, but these bookmarks are not relevant to users (they have buttons on the report to navigate to them). I could group them into a folder, but I would prefer to hide them altogether.

Thanks 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RachHE ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RachHE ,

You could read the following articles,it tells how to add a button using bookmarks in Power BI.

How To Add A Button Using Bookmarks In Power BI

v-luwang-msft_0-1623229385775.png

But if you want to disable bookmark ,as far as I know ,this is currently not possible.

refer: 

Hide report bookmarks

Disabling Bookmark notification

Hide Report Bookmarks themselves?

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @RachHE , if I understand what you are trying to do, how about creating a bookmark that turns off all the buttons.  Then the user on Service will not see any buttons and thus can not activate the bookmark.
Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @Nathaniel_C . I mustn't have explained myself very well. I am not trying to hide the buttons. I actually want users to use the buttons rather than the bookmarks. 

Screenshot below of part of my report. The green cards have buttons over the top that when clicked on take users to a particular view (and I also have other buttons that allow users to toggle between seeing the results as a data table vs charts). Its the report bookmarks showing on the right that I would like to hide.

Bookmarks query.PNG

Thanks

Hi @RachHE , Sorry about that.  So I always close that panel before publishing to the service, and then it should not be viewable.  See if that works, and let me know.  You probably know that you can hide the filters too.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Users can always get to the bookmark panel regardless of whether you have closed it prior to publishing (and I wouldn't want to change this).

Yes I'm aware of the ability to hide filters. I know you can either hide them all, or have some hidden and others visible. That's essentially what I'm trying to achieve with bookmarks - some hidden others visible (configured by the developer).

It doesn't sound possible so I've submitted it as an idea.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=2075797a-25c6-eb11-ba5e-281878bdaa58

How interesting, I never noticed that before, and never had viewers open that panel. I use bookmarks all the time, too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.