Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Printing

Can you print from Power BI Desktop? I have matrix tables I want to print. Looks like the last time I see this discussed was 2 years ago. Was this feature ever added?

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Up to now, there is no print function in Power BI desktop. But the feature will come soon. Please review this feature request, which is under review.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Intersting, that link you sent is nearly 3 years old. Does Microsoft still develop for this product? It seems ridiculous to be unable to print, that is a pretty basic function

Hey @Anonymous!

They do come out with monthly updates for PBI--usually at the beginning of the month. I suppose this particular update wasn't deemed as important as ones shipped since that particular request.

I believe most PBI users create reports consumed by other people, and the focus is publishing reports to the web, or a web server. Those reports are viewed via browser or mobile PBI app as opposed to being printed. IMO, interacting with the visuals offers more value than printing visuals.

ccakjcrx
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey @Anonymous!

I don't believe you can print from PBI Desktop. The best thing to do is to publish the report you created in PBI Desktop to the PBI service (i.e., pbi website: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/). From there, you can print to PDF/printer. 

Here is a screenshot of the printing submenu item on the site:

PrintMenuItem.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.