Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Printing in in PBI 8.5 x11

What is the page sizing needed to if I want to print one tab in power bi to pdf tp where I will not have to reduce the scale when I print from the PDF?  The option "letter" still is too large and I need to print in portrait as opposed to landscape.  What are the pixel sizes needed?  Are there any workarounds to where I can use the letter format and print to pdf to where it does not scale it down by 15-20%

3 REPLIES 3
PBI_User_in_TX

Yes! I had the same issue today; the letter option still being too large when printing to PDF. This is kind of late but maybe it will help someone else: Under your canvas settings, select "Letter" for the type. Then, select "View" from the toolbar ribbon up top. Click on the "Page View" button and select "Actual size". You'll have to do this for each page you want to print at 8.5 x 11, if you have multiple pages.  When you go to print a PDF, it will come out very close to 8.5x11; I think it ends up actually being 8.5 x 11.21.

Syk
Super User
Super User

Try Height at 1008px and width at 768px
I know this is a bit late!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You may want to look into Paginated Reports.  Power BI Desktop is not the right tool for this purpose.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.