Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Printing from PBI Desktop or Online

Does anyone know if they are working on letting us print - either whole Report pages/tabs/sheets or individual Dashboard tiles?

Currently I have to log in to the iOS PBI App on my phone and select an individual tile - which prints like a low quality image.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
cadtot

Hi

A very powerful tool but no way of Printing from the Desktop version except via screen grabs.  Printing online is clumsy from my experience to date with it.

It seems that the desktop version has been hobbled in favour of the online tools?

Thanks

wrek
Regular Visitor

It's been two years and still no working and viable option to print either from desktop OR ONLINE. It's completely broken.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is definitely something that needs adding asap. We all need to print our reports at some point.

Please develop this feature to make Power BI Desktop even better. Thanks

thermosolar

Hi everyone!

I am new to PBI and i cant get to print my report. When i use the print functionality it is like a screen shot of my screen is printed. In order to get my whole report printed i have to scroll down and print again a singe page. Does anyone know if i can get the whole report printed?

Thanks!

ericleslima
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Sean Try to print now on PBI Online, has a good image quality. Click on "..." at the top right of the page and see the options.

Workener
Frequent Visitor

Hey guys, I don't get it: Why is there a print functionality, which isn't working? If I'm using the build-in functionality to print from the web interface, nothing is printed out. Am I'm doing something wrong, or is this area still "under construction"?

I would appreciate a feedback.

Thanks,

Julian

Hi Julian. Some more detail would help us troubleshoot. What are you trying to print - dashboard or report? Are you able to get any printouts to work, or just certain reports? What browser/OS are you using?

Hello @WillT, typical demo effect, it works now! Thanks for your willingness to help!

@Sean There is currently no support for this. There are a few requests, I would recommend you add your votes to one of these feature requests. (looks like one is currently under review)

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/category/91861-designer?query=Print

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Sean @Seth_C_Bauer Printing dashboard & reports is now available in Power BI service. To print a dashboard click on ... at top right hand corner to see the printing option. For reports go to File menu and there you will find the print option (Only current page).

Happy printing.

Sorry for duplicate posts.

Regards

Harris

@Sean @Seth_C_Bauer Printing dashboard is now available in Power BI service. Click on ... at top right hand corner to see the printing option.

Regards

Harris

There is definitely a need for this from both Power BI desktop and the web. I'm getting good feedback from the demo I'm running but it always comes back to "how can I include in my ppt?" Screen printing has such a low image resolution that it's not useable. 

Please address!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.