cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
latearrival Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Print to PDF - how to automate for each filter value

The new Print to PDF function in Power BI Desktop 2.6 is excellent. Pixel perfect.  Each month I need to print a separate PDF for each value of a report filter: Set filter to x, print to pdf, sef filter to y, print to pdf, set filter to z, print to pdf etc. You get the point.  I've got to to do this 50 times which is pretty tedious. Is there any way to automate this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seward12533 New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Print to PDF - how to automate for each filter value

There are different types of Premium Licences. See below.  This talk form the BI Summit goes into more detail

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/businessapplicationssummit/video/BAS2018-2118

The functionality will suppoed to be released in the August BI Service drop as a Preview feature and will be limited to reports created by Report Builder accessing data sources directly (not able yet to access a BPIX Model but can be based the same data sets and the designed in report builder) expectation  is for this to be enhanced over time but the roadmap for this is not clear.

snip_20180811235319.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

Print to PDF - cycle/automate for all values of a report filter?

The new Print to PDF function in Power BI Desktop 2.6 is excellent. Pixel perfect. Each month I need to print a separate PDF for each value of a report filter: Set filter to x, print to pdf, sef filter to y, print to pdf, set filter to z, print to pdf etc. You get the point. I've got to to do this 50 times which is pretty tedious. Is there any way to automate this?

New Contributor

That will implemented I. The SSRS integration in the PowerBI SERVICE. and will need P license.
Frequent Visitor

Good to know the capability is on the radar, thanks. Does "P" stand for Pro or Premium? And do we know when this capabality is expected to become available?

New Contributor

There are different types of Premium Licences. See below.  This talk form the BI Summit goes into more detail

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/businessapplicationssummit/video/BAS2018-2118

The functionality will suppoed to be released in the August BI Service drop as a Preview feature and will be limited to reports created by Report Builder accessing data sources directly (not able yet to access a BPIX Model but can be based the same data sets and the designed in report builder) expectation  is for this to be enhanced over time but the roadmap for this is not clear.

snip_20180811235319.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)