Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

latearrival
Advocate I
Advocate I

Print to PDF - how to automate for each filter value

The new Print to PDF function in Power BI Desktop 2.6 is excellent. Pixel perfect.  Each month I need to print a separate PDF for each value of a report filter: Set filter to x, print to pdf, sef filter to y, print to pdf, set filter to z, print to pdf etc. You get the point.  I've got to to do this 50 times which is pretty tedious. Is there any way to automate this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There are different types of Premium Licences. See below.  This talk form the BI Summit goes into more detail

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/businessapplicationssummit/video/BAS2018-2118

The functionality will suppoed to be released in the August BI Service drop as a Preview feature and will be limited to reports created by Report Builder accessing data sources directly (not able yet to access a BPIX Model but can be based the same data sets and the designed in report builder) expectation  is for this to be enhanced over time but the roadmap for this is not clear.

snip_20180811235319.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
latearrival
Advocate I
Advocate I

The new Print to PDF function in Power BI Desktop 2.6 is excellent. Pixel perfect. Each month I need to print a separate PDF for each value of a report filter: Set filter to x, print to pdf, sef filter to y, print to pdf, set filter to z, print to pdf etc. You get the point. I've got to to do this 50 times which is pretty tedious. Is there any way to automate this?

Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

That will implemented I. The SSRS integration in the PowerBI SERVICE. and will need P license.

Good to know the capability is on the radar, thanks. Does "P" stand for Pro or Premium? And do we know when this capabality is expected to become available?

There are different types of Premium Licences. See below.  This talk form the BI Summit goes into more detail

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/businessapplicationssummit/video/BAS2018-2118

The functionality will suppoed to be released in the August BI Service drop as a Preview feature and will be limited to reports created by Report Builder accessing data sources directly (not able yet to access a BPIX Model but can be based the same data sets and the designed in report builder) expectation  is for this to be enhanced over time but the roadmap for this is not clear.

snip_20180811235319.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.