cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
latearrival Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Print to PDF - how to automate for each filter value

The new Print to PDF function in Power BI Desktop 2.6 is excellent. Pixel perfect.  Each month I need to print a separate PDF for each value of a report filter: Set filter to x, print to pdf, sef filter to y, print to pdf, set filter to z, print to pdf etc. You get the point.  I've got to to do this 50 times which is pretty tedious. Is there any way to automate this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seward12533 New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Print to PDF - how to automate for each filter value

There are different types of Premium Licences. See below.  This talk form the BI Summit goes into more detail

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/businessapplicationssummit/video/BAS2018-2118

The functionality will suppoed to be released in the August BI Service drop as a Preview feature and will be limited to reports created by Report Builder accessing data sources directly (not able yet to access a BPIX Model but can be based the same data sets and the designed in report builder) expectation  is for this to be enhanced over time but the roadmap for this is not clear.

snip_20180811235319.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

Print to PDF - cycle/automate for all values of a report filter?

The new Print to PDF function in Power BI Desktop 2.6 is excellent. Pixel perfect. Each month I need to print a separate PDF for each value of a report filter: Set filter to x, print to pdf, sef filter to y, print to pdf, set filter to z, print to pdf etc. You get the point. I've got to to do this 50 times which is pretty tedious. Is there any way to automate this?

New Contributor

That will implemented I. The SSRS integration in the PowerBI SERVICE. and will need P license.
Frequent Visitor

Good to know the capability is on the radar, thanks. Does "P" stand for Pro or Premium? And do we know when this capabality is expected to become available?

New Contributor

There are different types of Premium Licences. See below.  This talk form the BI Summit goes into more detail

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/businessapplicationssummit/video/BAS2018-2118

The functionality will suppoed to be released in the August BI Service drop as a Preview feature and will be limited to reports created by Report Builder accessing data sources directly (not able yet to access a BPIX Model but can be based the same data sets and the designed in report builder) expectation  is for this to be enhanced over time but the roadmap for this is not clear.

snip_20180811235319.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 1,330 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: