Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

winter2805
Frequent Visitor

Print table when it's expanded

Hi all,

I want to print my table object when it's expanded but whane I try to print it the section collapsed compare under table expanded.

How can I do?

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @winter2805,

I can reproduce your issue when using the Print feature in Power BI Service. Regarding to this issue, I would recommend you vote it and add your comments in the following ideas:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13271697-proper-dashboard-printin...
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6806294-allow-proper-printing

And as indicated in this article,  it is recommended to open the visual in Focus mode when printing an individual report visual residing in a whole report page. However, when printing a report page which contains multiple visuals, open these visuals in normal mode. In your scenario, you can create these visuals in different pages and open the visual in Focus mode in each page, then print these pages seperately. Or you can choose to change the table visuals to other type of visuals and then print the current report page.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @winter2805,

I can reproduce your issue when using the Print feature in Power BI Service. Regarding to this issue, I would recommend you vote it and add your comments in the following ideas:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13271697-proper-dashboard-printin...
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6806294-allow-proper-printing

And as indicated in this article,  it is recommended to open the visual in Focus mode when printing an individual report visual residing in a whole report page. However, when printing a report page which contains multiple visuals, open these visuals in normal mode. In your scenario, you can create these visuals in different pages and open the visual in Focus mode in each page, then print these pages seperately. Or you can choose to change the table visuals to other type of visuals and then print the current report page.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @winter2805,

Could you please describe more details about your scenario? Do you use “Export data” feature in Power BI Desktop or use the “Print” feature in Power BI Service? If you use the former feature, we need to verify if you mean that not all the data are exported to CSV, we also need to know the number of records in your table visual.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi,

I've some tables objects in a page of a report.

I print this page and I see the correct preview and I print it.

PrintTableNotExpanded.png

When I expand one of this table with its icon

ExpandIcon.png

and I try to print it, the preview of expanded data are printed over the data in a page of report

PrintTableExpanded.png

I don't want this but I want to print all and only data expanded.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.