Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Print Problem in PBI

My dashboard users should be able to export or print the reports from the platform. We’re using a combination of graphs, tables and slicers in the report in question. The standard browser print only prints the information present on the slicer tab that is selected. The information for the unselected slicer tabs is lost. The same happens when trying to export the information in PDF. The ask is to be able to export or print the data from all tables, graphs and slicer tabs (selected and unselected) at one go.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Anonymous ,

According to my understanding, export to powerpoint is a good way. After selecting "only export current page" to export successfully, the selected and no select results will be retained. I did a test, the reference is as follows:

vhenrykmstf_0-1628233498030.pngvhenrykmstf_1-1628233998660.png

vhenrykmstf_2-1628234043761.png

related document link:

Export entire reports to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Anonymous ,

According to my understanding, export to powerpoint is a good way. After selecting "only export current page" to export successfully, the selected and no select results will be retained. I did a test, the reference is as follows:

vhenrykmstf_0-1628233498030.pngvhenrykmstf_1-1628233998660.png

vhenrykmstf_2-1628234043761.png

related document link:

Export entire reports to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can create a bookmark to clear the selection from all slicers and then print. If the ask is to print by removing all the filters

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @amitchandak

What I realised is, we are using EMBEDDED capacity of PBI. Full export including all tables, graphs and slicer tabs is not possible in Power BI I beleive and for that matter with any BI tool as per my knowledge, there are some restrictions when exporting the data from visuals.

Microsoft has a different tool (Power BI Report Builder), which allows a lot more export capabilities. However cannot use this currently on the Embedded. Still keep on searching for the solution, I am.. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.