cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pierredelareux Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Primavera Datas

Hi,

I would like to use Power BI to see and analyse datas coming from Primavera P6, an Oracle tool.

Should I use web service ? SQL requests ?

How do I log into the P6 data-base ?

I hope you will be able to help me.

Thanks

Pierre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Primavera Datas

Hi @pierredelareux,

Yes. You can take a look at the following similar thread about this scenario.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-create-a-template-with-a-different-data-source-every...

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Regular Visitor

image.jpg

This is the error message I get when I try to use Oracle DB connectors.

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Hi @pierredelareux,

There is no built-in connector for Primavera in Power BI Desktop. An idea about this issue has been submitted in this link , please vote it up.

Additionally, to work around this issue, you can use Power Query to connect to Primavera xer files  and create charts in PowerPivot following the guide in this blog, then pin these charts to Power BI dashboard following the instructions in this article.

Moreover, you can try to put all  Primavera xer files  in a folder, then use “Get data->File->Folder” entry in Power BI Desktop to connect to these xer files. Then paste the code of Advanced Editor in Power query to Advanced Editor in Power BI Desktop to parse these Primavera xer files .
1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG5.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Regular Visitor

HI @v-yuezhe-msft,

Thks for you r answer.

It seems to be a bit to complex for me and my users can't donwload the XER file.

I am on the way to define a Power BI report template and let them upload their own data by getting a Excel file from BI Publisher.

Does it seem to be suitable ?

Pierre

Highlighted
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Hi @pierredelareux,

Do you want to export data from Primavera P6 to Excel and then connect to the Excel from Power BI Desktop and create report template? If that is the case, it is suitable, other users can use the Power BI template file to instantiate new Power BI reports.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

I have to use parameter to let them "upload" their file ?

Pierre

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Hi @pierredelareux,

Yes. You can take a look at the following similar thread about this scenario.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-create-a-template-with-a-different-data-source-every...

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

I've been able to use the path as parameter ! Thanks !

If I want to share the report to my organization user online - they use Power BI online (not Desktop) - will they be able to define the path (the path parameter) themself ?

I hope you understand my point... I may be not clear enough. 

Thks

Pierre

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Hi @pierredelareux,

Parameters are only be able to edited in Power BI Desktop but not in Power BI Service.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Regular Visitor

Ok...

Will it be improved later ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)