Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Treawlony
Regular Visitor

Previous month based on slicer

HI All,

I need to have one graph of a report page that shows data of a month AFTER the one selected in the slicer

i.e: I select SEPTEMBER, I see SEPTEMBER data on the page, but one graph must show OCTOBER one.

I can't find any way to do that and also can't ifnd a way to use DAX

Anyone can help me?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You could make a calculated column with the function DATEADD to add another month to your date column then in your graph replace the original date with the new calculated column.

Next Month =
	DATEADD ( [DATE], 1, MONTH )

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

This would not work, because the graph itself has no date filter in it, it's on a page level.

So You would just swith che problem to all other graphs, that should be one month back 🙂

On a logic perspective, I just need that the graph shows me the data of the NEXT month I select in the general slicer

Is the date is not on your graph as an axis?  Do you just have values and other attributes on the axis? Can you screenshot your graph?

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

no, it's gauges, can't share screenshots are there are sensible data on it

In visual level filter, you have the option for the relative date you can choose the next 1 month

Or you can try these formula's

Next MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD(dateadd('Date'[Date Filer],1,MONTH)))

Next month = 
Var _end_date= minx(ALLSELECTED('Date'),ENDOFMONTH(dateadd('Date'[Date Filer],1,MONTH)))
Var  _start_date =minx(ALLSELECTED('Date'),STARTOFMONTH(dateadd('Date'[Date Filer],1,MONTH)))

Var _last_year_mtd_val= CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),Sales[Sales Date] >= _start_date && (Sales[Sales Date]) <= _end_date)
return
_last_year_mtd_val

Screenshot 2019-10-11 21.37.33.png

My god this forum, 3rd time I reply and I get an error

So... still not good as you apply "static DAX" or something non-slicer related.

I need that the gauge dynamically shows me the next month of the slicer date I select, so if I select Jaunary it shows me February and if I change to March it shows me April.

I find strange that MS has not implemented something that is slicer-dependant

Hi @Treawlony ,

We can create a calculated table contain the data in the single visual, then create a measure using following measure.

isInNextMonth = 
VAR tMonth =
    MAX ( 'Table'[Date] )
VAR nMonth =
    IF (
        MONTH ( tMonth ) = 12,
        DATE ( YEAR ( tMonth ) + 1, 1, 1 ),
        DATE ( YEAR ( tMonth ), MONTH ( tMonth ) + 1, 1 )
    )
RETURN
    IF (
        YEAR ( max ( 'Table-Copy'[Date] ) ) = YEAR ( nMonth )
            && MONTH (max ( 'Table-Copy'[Date] ) ) = MONTH ( nMonth ),
    )

put it in the Visual Filter, set condition is 1.

19.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mmmm interesting, let me try it and you might win a solution 😄

not really make it work, but got few time to work on it lately

Hi @Treawlony ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.