Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Previous Month Value

Hello Experts!

For the simple calculation I'm trying to achieve there should not be any major issue, however, I keep trying in so many different ways suggested online and still finding no success here. Hopefully an expert here will help me get to a solution:

I simply want to make a PREVOUSMONTH operation!

On the file below there is a list of projects that achieve a % Complete every month. The extra column that I added called % Progress is the difference between the % Complete of the current month and the % Complete of the previous month. I achieve this in Excel using VLOOKUP very easily (there are over 400 projects reporting progress every month).

% Progress Table.jpg

Ultimately I want to create a matrix as per the second below

% Progress.jpg

But I am just ok if I can replicate the % Complete of the previous month on a separate column (% Complete Prev), then I would simply subtract % Complete - % Complete Prev

In Power Bi I have got as far as the measure below but receiving no values back:

% Complete Prev = CALCULATE(MAX(Sheet1[% Complete]),PREVIOUSMONTH('Sheet1'[Date]))

Any ideas will be hugely appreciated!

Best,

Ricardo

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User IX
Super User IX

Re: Previous Month Value

See if my Time Intelligence the Hard Way provides a different way of accomplishing what you are going for.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Time-Intelligence-quot-The-Hard-Way-quot-TIT...

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors