Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mr_guedes
Helper I
Helper I

Previous Month Value when Blanks

Hi everyone.

I have this table where I have every item purchased from 2016 until today. Every now and then there is a item that I don't buy every month, so I want to fill the blank with the value from the last purchase that happened (when is the case). Now I've tried everything from IF to LASTNONBLANK, FIRSTNONBLANK, CALCULATE and variations and I don't know what to do anymore. I'll appreciate a lot any help!!

*All data is in only one table!

Capturar.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mr_guedes

Assume your table is like 

1.png

Then put it in a matrix visual,

2.png

What you want, for example, for item a, when the value for one month is blank, it should be filled with the value of the last month's.

3.png

Does my assumption above describe what you dataset is or what your expect result should be?

If not, please share me how you table structure and which columns or measures you add to the matrix, what expected result should be.

Best Regards

Maggie

@v-juanli-msft  Can you please share how you achieve the solution in your example pictures?

Maggie,

You couldn't be more right! I'm sorry for the trouble, the file is attached now.. can you help me?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap4ZqNuvEs43tj0IfZHlRHEJmf_X

Hi @mr_guedes

I test with your pbix, but i find it is difficult to show as you expected, it can't be done in the original table, i struggle to create a new table with multiple data, this would increase the size of pbix and slow the performance. 

Best Regards

Maggie

So.. there is no way out then?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.