Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Quinner77

Preview settings not showing up

Hello, I'm new to PBI and was wanting to add error bars to some of my bar charts. I have seen that this is a feature that must be enabled in "preview features". However, when i go into options settings/ settings there is no "preview settings" to click. From clicking the "about" icon it says i'm using Microsoft Power BI desktop version 2.105.1143.0 (64 bit) and the top of the screen says "Power BI desktop (May 2022).  

1. Is there a way for me to enable the "preview settings" so that i can enable the rror bar option?

2. If for some reason i can't are there any other workarounds for creating error bars inside of PBI desktop?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CharbelArmaleh
Resolver II
Resolver II

I see that you are using the power bi desktop for Report server

this is why you cannot see the preview feature option cos it is not available for this type of version it is only available in the regular Power BI desktop

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CharbelArmaleh
Resolver II
Resolver II

I see that you are using the power bi desktop for Report server

this is why you cannot see the preview feature option cos it is not available for this type of version it is only available in the regular Power BI desktop

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! 

Oh well that is unfortunate but that does explain it. By chance do you know any work arounds to include error bars in the absence of being able to use the preview features?

as far as i know, no 😞 

CharbelArmaleh
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello

first try to download the latest march version 

and can you provide me with a screenshot of your option and settings menu

Here is the screenshot of my options/settings menu

Quinner77_0-1680286084809.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.