Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kimrhansen
Frequent Visitor

Preview of dashboard in Power BI Desktop

Hi all,

As we do not yet the IT infrastructure ready in my company, I am not able to publish my first ever dashboard made in Power BI Desktop (PBID).

My question is, are there any previewer in PBID where I can see the dashboard as it would look like for an end customer?

Thanks in advance,

Kim

5 REPLIES 5
CapnShanty
Frequent Visitor

Yeah but the devs don't care about the users, just getting companies to buy this crap shovelware so

kimrhansen
Frequent Visitor

@Greg_Deckler

The reason why I am mentioning the IT part is that, my dashboard contains personal customer information, that I simply cannot just upload to some cloud service without making sure that the all legislation, internal governance etc. are respected.

As I am a trailblazer on this tool, it would have been nice with a preview function before "pluggin in/going live" with the dashboard.

suryaprakashred
Regular Visitor

Hi @kimrhansen

there is no such preview option in power bi desktop.If you have your organization outlook account.Simply click the option of publish to web in the report and then log in to powerbi.microsoft.com with your outlook credentials and create the dashboard there

please click it as accept the solution if you are satisfied with this answer

thanks and regards,

k.surya(M1034080). 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kimrhansen,

As other post, dashboard feature is not available in Power BI Desktop. If you concern about this feature, please vote it and add comments in the following idea.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9320475-creation-of-dashboards-in...

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

No preview feature that I am aware of. I guess I am having trouble understanding what the IT infrastructure of your company has to do with anything. Take your laptop, go to a Starbucks, Panera or any place with a WiFi connection and upload your file to the Service.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.