Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giuliapiazza94
Helper IV
Helper IV

Preview failed

Hi guys,

I don't know why It doesn't work

All the other tables work, this not

giuliapiazza94_0-1632239992031.png

Have you ideas?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @giuliapiazza94 ,

Does your two tables have some kind of dependency, one referencing the other?

For example, if you want to merge table A and table B, but table B itself is merged from table A with other tables. At this time, table A and table B are merged. Will show an error like this.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Not-being-able-to-merge-two-tables-in-Power-Query/td-p/...

You can also update power bi desktop to the latest version.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @giuliapiazza94 ,

Does your two tables have some kind of dependency, one referencing the other?

For example, if you want to merge table A and table B, but table B itself is merged from table A with other tables. At this time, table A and table B are merged. Will show an error like this.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Not-being-able-to-merge-two-tables-in-Power-Query/td-p/...

You can also update power bi desktop to the latest version.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

aaah okok, it's the same error.

Thank you 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

It may have timed out. Depends on your data source origin. Try refreshing the preview. If it does not work, save your progress, close Power Query & Power BI, open again and retry. 

I've tried and it doesn't work. The second table is a file excel (like the others that work).

If I do the merge in a new query it works. I don't understand 😅

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm happy that you could solve it! Yes, sometimes weird stuff happens on Power Query haha 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.