Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CHauser
Regular Visitor

Preventing text box from coming to the front & hiding visualizations like slicer(s)

I'm trying a textbox as my background at the top, containing slicer(s).  But each time I click somewhere other than directly on a slicer the textbox comes forward and essentially hides the visualizations that reside 'within' the textbox border.  This requires clicking somewhere off the texbox to return the slicer(s) visually.

Is it possible to prevent this behavior so the text box remains in back of all other visualizations even when clicked?

Maybe I should try using something other than a text box to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @CHauser 

To prevent a visual from coming to the foreground you can adjust the layer order then set it to maintain the layer order.

1. In Power BI at the top click View Watsky_0-1659473835257.png

2. Under Show panes, click Selection. Watsky_3-1659473949762.png

3. Make sure that your Text box appears at the bottom of your layer order list. Watsky_2-1659473936542.png

4. Click on your Text box visual. On the Format pane under Advanced options click Maintain layer order so that it is set to On. Watsky_4-1659474085258.png
  5. Publish your report. 

It's important to note that by clicking on the unpublished report you won't notice that anything has changed. However, once published you'll see that the Text box no longer comes to the foreground. Hope this helps.

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @CHauser 

To prevent a visual from coming to the foreground you can adjust the layer order then set it to maintain the layer order.

1. In Power BI at the top click View Watsky_0-1659473835257.png

2. Under Show panes, click Selection. Watsky_3-1659473949762.png

3. Make sure that your Text box appears at the bottom of your layer order list. Watsky_2-1659473936542.png

4. Click on your Text box visual. On the Format pane under Advanced options click Maintain layer order so that it is set to On. Watsky_4-1659474085258.png
  5. Publish your report. 

It's important to note that by clicking on the unpublished report you won't notice that anything has changed. However, once published you'll see that the Text box no longer comes to the foreground. Hope this helps.

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.