Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prevent Slicer from impacting part of Measure

Hi, I am having problems with a visual (below) not working correctly when a slicer is applied - I have looked at related links but have found nothing that I could use.

Data tables:

Table 1: Calendar (Dates used as axis. Also contains a calculated column counting when a date is a working day) (related to Table 2 1- *)

Table 2: Financials Fact table containing example revenue data in graphic

Table 3: Account Key (this relates to Table 2 1- *) (used as slicer to filter revenue from table 2)

Problem:

I would like to track Revenue (table 2) divided by the number of working days per month(table1). I have created a measure which does this:

Run Rate_Revenue = divide

([Current Forecast_Revenue_sum],

calculate(sum(

'Calendar'[Work days]),ALLEXCEPT('Calendar','Calendar'[Date])))

I tried to use the allexcept function to negate the impact from slicer 3, however this is not working the way I had intended.

However When I use an account slicer (table 3) , the measure values do not show and something is going wrong.

Example table (no slicers applied): (Correctly showing Revenue, working days and the Run Rate measure for each year/month)

Capture.JPG

Slicer applied: (Revenue shows correctly, Work days do not show at all, Run Rate measure very wrong)

Capture2.JPG

Data relationships:

Capture3.JPG

Thoughts to solve much appreciated.

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Would help to post sample data as text that can be copied in order to recreate. Perhaps try something like CALCULATE with REMOVEFILTERS?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Would help to post sample data as text that can be copied in order to recreate. Perhaps try something like CALCULATE with REMOVEFILTERS?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing - thanks Greg - the one function I hadn't yet found! Had spent all my time trying to make the slicer not apply using All, allexcept etc. I'll save this one for the future.

Really appreciate your time today, especially as you commented on both posts, I was finding it hard to explain the issue concisely.

I ended up amending the measure to the below, excluding the specific column which was acting as the slicer.

Run Rate_Revenue = divide

([Current Forecast_Revenue_sum],

calculate(sum(

'Calendar'[Work days]),REMOVEFILTERS('All DPA Allocation_SuperSector'[SS - Group])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.