Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FAY2020
Resolver I
Resolver I

Prevent Selected Visual Coming To Front

Hello,

I am trying to build a report with a table that takes up the entire width of the screen. The idea is that users can multi select from the table using Ctrl, and then show an embedded Power App which loads the selected rows for further processing. The Power App is shown using a bookmark.

The problem I have is that, as the user has just selected rows in the table, the table visual is selected, and so when the Power App is shown, the table remains on top, as is the Power BI behaviour. This means users would have to click off from the table to remove the focus and show the app. This will be confusing for the user journey.

I can't hide the table in the bookmark as this clears the selections made!

I'm aware of a method for linking shapes to a bookmark to keep them behind other visuals but tables don't have an Action property to achieve this. Does anyone know if this can be accomplished? I just need the table to fall behind the Power App even if it's selected.

4 REPLIES 4
Yogender

Make two groups and this visal come on front will be resolved. view -> selection -Group

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FAY2020 

If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a answer to help others find it more quickly. thanks!

If not, please kindly elaborate more.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@FAY2020 The only thing I can think of would be to use Drillthrough to accomplish what you want but that will impact UX. One question, why not introduce a slicer at the top to select items in the table. Then you could have a button next to it that says "Apply" or something and that would kick the bookmark in. Since the slicer would be set, the rows would be correct in the PowerApp visual. Something to try anyway.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@FAY2020 , I tried move to back in the past. but the moment I click on the visual in will come in focus. So I think that is the default behavior. As bookmark is also not an option, I doubt their much options.

Drill-through is one option , but that means drill to another page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.