Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

igaca
Helper III
Helper III

Prevent Query From Loading into PBI Desktop "Data" view from Query Editor - Is this an option?

Does not appear to be an option at this point in time (like it is in excel).

I am working with 25 or so large excel files and "Excel.Workbook([Content])" results were unsatisfactory due to slight variances between those data sets.  I could have "corrected" the source data and gone that route but wanted to leave in original, unaltered state, hence the approach of loading each data set individually into Power Query and combining them into a single data table via Append.  Consequently, All queries show up in the Power BI Desktop "Data" view and have cluttered the right pane.  Since those individual file queries are necessary (feed the aggregated data / large query) I am unable to delete them from the PBI Desktop "Data " view.  I can hide these in the "Report" view ("Hide in Report View" command via right-click) but want them completely gone in the "Data" view.  Is there a way to prevent "unused" queries from loading into the "Data" view from the Query Editor?

Thank you!

Igor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @igaca

In Query Editior rith click on the query you want to to hide in data view and uncheck Enable Load. This way, query connection will remain in the PBI but query will not be loaded in data view and report view.

Please refer to below image.

enable.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @igaca

In Query Editior rith click on the query you want to to hide in data view and uncheck Enable Load. This way, query connection will remain in the PBI but query will not be loaded in data view and report view.

Please refer to below image.

enable.png

Silly mistakes are great for they are hard to forget 🙂

I somehow overlooked that...thanks for setting me straight Habib, I appreciate the prompt reply.

Cheers,

Igor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.