Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mjmowle
Advocate I
Advocate I

Preserving Previous Page settings with Drill Through and Back Button

We have a Project Summary view that has a Donut chart that gives the overall count of all project status (Red, Yellow, Green) and on this same view is a table with summary level information on the projects.  If you click on the Donut Chart to filter on the "Red" projects, the Donut goes Red, and the table now only lists the projects in Red status.  I created a drillthrough from the table on the Project name to take the user to a Project Status report view so you can examine the Red project in greater detail.  When you click the back button, or even manually click the tab for the Project Summary view, the Project Summary view reverts to its default state and you have to once again click on the Red in the Donut.  The user experience we would like is to be able to set the Project Summary view to Red projects, drill through, and then return back and find the Project Summary page still displaying only the Red projects.  Other posts seem to hint that this isn't possible (yet).  Does anyone have any feedback on a setting I might be forgetting to set? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mjmowle 

As tested, it seems impossible currently.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mjmowle 

As tested, it seems impossible currently.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the feedback Maggie.  Would you happen to know where I might go to see if this is something the Power BI engineers are working on for a future release?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.