Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adegrno
Advocate II
Advocate II

Preserve grouping of data when appending as new

Hello,

is there any way how I can preserve the grouping that I have when appending queries as new - it is not always I wish to just append, quite often I wish to append as new.

Any help appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @adegrno ,

I could not understand your desired result, if you want to append a new query, you could use the function in query editor:

1.PNG

It will create a new append query and will not affert other queries.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thx for reply, let me try to rephrase the issue, maybe it was a bit unclear.

Lets say I have query 1 - in this query I have made a lot of groupings on account level. (it is a financial report)

Then I have a second query that I want to append as new. This will then be called eg. Append 1

In Append 1 I have the combined data. But the grouping I had in query 1 seems to have dissappeared and has to be recreated. This is a lot of work. Is there a way I can preserve the grouping on accounts when appending another query to it with the as new functionality.

Hope this explains it better.

Hi @adegrno ,

Could you please offer your sample file to have a test and post your desired result  if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.