cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airwolf39
Resolver II
Resolver II

Preserve Shift-Click filter while using a button?

Hi guys,

One of my favorite things about Power BI is the ability to shift-click a item on a table to filter. Is there a way i can shift click AND utilize button bookmarks? Right now my bookmarks undo my shift-clicking even with 'data' unchecked.

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @airwolf39 

I'm not sure I understand it correctly. For example, I selected the third row by holding shift and then added a bookmark. When I clicked on the bookmark afterwards, what appeared was the view of the third row I had previously selected. Is this the result you were expecting?

vzhangti_0-1643076839389.png

Based on your needs, you can also use a slicer.

vzhangti_1-1643077065634.png

If the method I provided above can't solve your problem, what's your expected result? Could you please provide more details for it?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @airwolf39 

I'm not sure I understand it correctly. For example, I selected the third row by holding shift and then added a bookmark. When I clicked on the bookmark afterwards, what appeared was the view of the third row I had previously selected. Is this the result you were expecting?

vzhangti_0-1643076839389.png

Based on your needs, you can also use a slicer.

vzhangti_1-1643077065634.png

If the method I provided above can't solve your problem, what's your expected result? Could you please provide more details for it?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

airwolf39
Resolver II
Resolver II

bump

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!