Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arunas_R
Frequent Visitor

Presenting variance between actual 2018 and two other variables (budget for 2018 and actual 2017(ly)

Hello everybody,

I'm creating a dashboard with card (OKViz from marketplace) containing net profit for current month and year to date and net profit for the same period of last year and variance between these. Now I wonder, if there any visualisation (similar to card) which can  simultaniously present variance between actual 2018, actual 2017 and budget for 2018 on the same card.

If there is no such a possibility, can please anyone advise the better way for preparing filter for variance calculation. I mean I want to make a filter with actual and BP button, which will switch the basis for calculation of variance in the card depending on the selected buttons in the filter. 

Thanks for help!

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Arunas_R,

How about the Table visual with some measures? Can you share a sample and the expected results?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The problem is that I already have a bunch of cards on my dashboard and if I change the type of visual for something different than card, it will stand out from the whole picture. Also, I don't have a lot of free space to add another visual. Currently, the cards are shoving variance against last year. The ideal solution would be to add second variance against business plan, but I can't find anything appropriate. I think about making a filter, depending on which the variance will be shown either against last year or against budget, but I struggle to make it. I have three separate tables (actual 2017/actual 2018/BP2018) with such columns: Period/Entity name/Ebitda. There probably should be a formula similar to sumif with variable criteria depending on the item selected in the filter.

Снимок.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.