Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

germanobasler
Helper I
Helper I

Present First (like Top10 or Top20 ) biggest suppliers out of hundreds in a database

Dear folks, good morning.

I recently bumped to a small issue that I am sure there is a way to workaround in Power BI.

As I work with a database of hundreds of suppliers, I tried to put on a graph ordering them by amount of spent. Turns out I don´t want to see lots of them in one graph (either a bar or line graph), rather I´d like only the Top5 or Top10 to appear. The "Treemap" graph I think is not possible, as each of the squares are a % of the total, so...

Setting the column "width" seems like a total messed unprecise way...

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice!

Regards,

Germano Basler

chart top10.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@germanobasler

The easiest way to do this without writing any RANKX or TOPN Measures would be to use the Top N filter introduced in the October 2016 Update. Find out how to use it here...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-october-feature-summary/preview/#topN

If you still have any questions post back here Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@germanobasler

The easiest way to do this without writing any RANKX or TOPN Measures would be to use the Top N filter introduced in the October 2016 Update. Find out how to use it here...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-october-feature-summary/preview/#topN

If you still have any questions post back here Smiley Happy

@Sean

Thanks a lot! Tottally fulfills my need.

Best regards,

Germano Basler

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.