Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Crimzo

Present Borehole Depth data as a visual Bar Graph

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could help me with the following, sorry if this has been posted before.

I am trying to present borehole geology i.e. sand unit 1 and clay unit 2 on a bar graph with depth (y axis) per location (x-axis). I.e. for Borehole 1 show in red Unit1 from 0m to 1m then Unit 2 in yellow from 1m to 2m, then for Borehole 2 show Unit 1 at 0m to 5m, and so on. However, I am struggling to do this on a clustered bar graph as it always Sums or averages my depth data.

I have an example of what I after in the following link on the right in the first few seconds, but this is a custom visual. An example of the data I would like to present is attached below. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QNKP-CX4Dc 

Any help would be much appreciated!

LocationDepth From [m]Depth to [m]Unit 
BH101Unit1
BH112Unit2
BH205Unit1
BH2510Unit3
BH210.512.2Unit2
CPT102.2Unit3
CPT12.23.4Unit2
CPT13.45Unit1
CPT156Unit1
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, could you find any way to do it?

Mostafa_Elsawy
Regular Visitor

did you find solution ?????

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Crimzo ,

I'm afraid that clustered chart could not achieve the same result in power bi becasue you have not the same standard which can be used to do some calculations.

Since it is a custom visual, I think you need to contact the author of it.

https://www.discoverei.com/products/bore-log 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.