Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

merinmione
Helper I
Helper I

Prepared statements? Amazon Redshift ODBC Error prepared statements

hi, i'm trying to connect to an Amazon redshift database to get Greenhouse data (recruiting system) but i keep getting an error.

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [42P05] [Microsoft][Amazon Redshift] (30) Error occurred while trying to execute a query: [SQLState 42P05] ERROR: prepared statement "PGODBCStmt-ExternalSchema" already exists

My system vendor explains that "the prepared statement error likely indicates your tool is attempting to use prepared statements to query Redshift. Our firewall does not allow prepared statements, so you'll need to tell your tool to not use them. "

How do i do that? Ideas? 

28 REPLIES 28

@Anonymous I'm still having my issue and no help from Greenhouse either. Have you got any other update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've collected a support ticket and I've been collecting records for them. They're still investigating, but so far they think it's a problem with the Power BI Redshift driver, so they've scaled it to Simba. I'll update you if I get any progress

Hey, were you able to resolve this since you last posted? Dealing with the same problem and trying to get it to work.

No, we are still getting the run around from Greenhouse. 

I submitted a ticket with PowerBi and they are working through their vendor that does the actual redshift connections. It's been two weeks.  I'll post when i learn anything of value. Not yet. But I do get updates.

Hi @merinmione ,

do you use the Amazon Redshift Connector or an ODBC Connector?

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

redshift. 

Unfortunately I have no experience with Amazon Redshift.

I always thought prepared statements would be the preferred (secure) query type.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.