Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Premium - Share with organisation - email notification

Hi all,

Does anyone know if sharing an app with my entire organisation will email them all?

I'm trying to set up our first report/dashboard on premium, I'd like it to be open access but really dont want all 3,000 staff getting an email about it.

It seems like adding individual users automatically sends an email to each of them (is it possible to turn that off?) but I dont want to risk sharing with all until I'm confident I know what will happen!

Any help appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

From my testing when sharing to the entire organisation, it does not send out emails.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thanks guys,

Can confirm I threw caution to the wind, tried it out and no emails, phew!

Wish the process was a bit more transparent though, don't like clicking and hoping with these things

@itchyeyeballs,

To help improve Power BI, you may give feedback via https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

Firt of all, creating an App and adding members to it, would mot send an email to all the members. It is the App Workspace that sends out a notification to the Users.

Saying that, Yes There are options for stopping the user from getting a mail when adding them to the App Workspace. I am not exactly sure about where I saw this option. But I think it is possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.