Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Till
Resolver II
Resolver II

Premium BI intern Links

Hello,

We backed an App with Premium Capacity and share it to some Users in our company.
Our App contains several Reports. One of these Reports works as an mainpage with links to other reports in the same App.
Unfortunately Users that got access could not open the links.  If a User tries to use a link he will get the following Error-message:

The message tells us that users have no access to this group.
After  clicking the ok button the user will be routed to his  personal workspace.

Bild_BI.png

If the user open a single report of the App Workspace he get access to the report.

Thanks for help.
Till

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

i get an answer from Microsoft. It`s a bug.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@Till,

Hi Till,

I have reproduced your scenario. The cause could be that you used the wrong URLs. The URL of a report is unique and stable. So we can use it as a link.

1. A report will has a new link after publishing.

2. To make it simple, we can say users, other than the members, can open a report of a shared App, but not a report of an App workspace. 

3. If we add the user into the App workspace as a member even read only, he can open any link of the report.

So, I would suggest using a link of shared report. You can get them from the Apps menu.

1) Publish the App first.

2) Open the report in the APPS. Then copy the link.Premium BI intern Links.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Dale,

thanks for your post.
That's exactly what i did.
I checked all the links again. All the links, after sharing the App, are correct. I can open it, not the users
Yesterday, i send a message to the Microsoft Support.
As soon i get a message i write again.
Have a nice Day and many thanks for your support.
Till

Hello,

i get an answer from Microsoft. It`s a bug.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.