Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KatkaS
Post Patron
Post Patron

Prediction calculation

Hello,

I tried to google and search in community, but I'm probably using wrong search words..

Can you please let me know what techniques / calculations should I use,

if I would like to know in what year we will get to the same numbers as in 1990?

Thank you very much!

Graph.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@KatkaS Well, you need to compute a linear regression to figure out your line I would imagine and once you have the linear formula values you can predict into the future: (2) Simple Linear Regression - Microsoft Power BI Community

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KatkaS
Post Patron
Post Patron

ok, I'm not able to upload file, but link - I'm not sure if anyone will be able to open it though..https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XpXRj2fJVjT9gcEy6KwbsGxJ7NIbYQLo/view?usp=share_link 

Hi @KatkaS ,

It seems that I have no access to your shared file... Could you please just provide some raw data in your tables (exclude sensitive data) with Text format and your expected result with backend logic and special examples. Or you can refer the following link to upload the file to the community and grant us the sufficient permission to it. Thank you.

How to upload PBI in Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yiruan-msft Thank you for your time!  

I'm not able to attach files as I'm not super user, but I hope below table is enough to explain what I would need?

It is a simple excel with year, number of beekeper and beehives and I would need to know when (in the future) will be on the level of year 2015.

(I have data since 1990, but as an example less years are enough..)

Thank you again, I very much appreciate your help!

YearNumber of beekeepersNumber of beehives
201579 797807 429
201678 456766 466
201776 314729 758
201873 401685 324
201953 447497 946
202054 416528 186
202156 921565 419
202257 380540 705

@amitchandak Would you perhaps know...? Thank you!!

KatkaS
Post Patron
Post Patron

@Greg_Deckler Thank you, Greg, for your prompt reply! I tried to reproduce the measures from your link, but it doesn't give me the reply I would need - I would need to know at which year we will be on numbers from 1990 (807 429 beehives), currently we are at 694 094 for 2020 and we see increasing trend, which doesn't make sense? But the linear trend line shows decreasing trend.. I'm attaching the pbix file as well and I'm sorry, but most of it is in czech as I have it for my data academy course and it has to be in czech (I translated measures for below graph to english).

Bees.png

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@KatkaS Well, you need to compute a linear regression to figure out your line I would imagine and once you have the linear formula values you can predict into the future: (2) Simple Linear Regression - Microsoft Power BI Community

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.