Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Predefined dimension selections-dimension

Hello Community,

I have a model with multiple dimensions and a lot of rows in both. Users are often looking at specific selections in both of them and it is often a hassle to select the correct ones in combination, switching between 'sets' and manually selecting all dimension values is often a cause for error.

consider this sample data:

escapethisscree_0-1671030108607.png

I would like to add another dimension containing pre-defined selections in my dimension tables. Essentially I would like to be able to place a slicer on a reportpage where the user can select a value which corresponds to a predefined amount of selectedvalues in dim1 and dim2.

How should I go about implementing this? Do I need a dimension filtering my two dimensions that "bridges" the two?

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

I'm not very clear about what you mean by "Predefined dimension selections-dimensions".

But I think you might need field parameters if you're trying to allow users to dynamically change the measure or dimension being analyzed in a report, 

Let report readers use field parameters to change visuals (preview) 

Create dynamic slicers using field parameters 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.