Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jseow
Frequent Visitor

Pre-aggregating Marketo Email Activities data

Hi all,

I am currently trying to integrate data from Marketo into Power BI Desktop, specifically, data from Marketo's Email Activities table. I've seen that it's a common issue that people run into API call limits enforced by Marketo, but not seen a good way to circumvent this. 

I only need data aggregated at the Campaign (primaryAttributeValue column) level I believe, and was wondering if anyone has, or knows if it is possible, to aggregate data at the campaign level within Marketo prior to bringing it to Power BI through the connector. This seems like it would be a good way to prevent hitting the API call limit, but I haven't been able to figure out how to manipulate the query in the advanced editor to do this.

Barring that, does anyone else have ideas or solutions? I am hesitant to build out a large historical table piecemeal and keep it incrementally updated. 

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jseow,

You could try to call the API multiple times by invoking a custom function for pagination.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt185361.aspx

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.