Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kkjoy81
Regular Visitor

Powerbi maps bubble chart colour do not want pie chart

Hi,

I have noticed similar questions online but no solid answers regarding bubbles displayed on maps.

I have the following table columns: ‘Latitude,’ ‘longitude,’ uniqueID… I have a table connected to this with the following columns ‘country,’ ‘subregion ‘, ‘uniqueID’ (which connects it), production amount.

I want to colour by ‘subregion’ (so all projects in Australia have the same colour etc), but it seems to break it all out into piecharts… which I don’t want. It also does not show every location but seems to assign a big bubble across these areas…

I currently use Arcgis and also Microsoft maps. I crossed out 'production' column below.

When i take off what is in the legend, all the bubble sizes are the same (it seems to be calculated  the whole column) and showing this as the same value too?

Would love recommendations, thanks (i'm also fairly new with the maps function of powerbi)

kkjoy81_1-1656989844198.png

kkjoy81_2-1656989844201.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kkjoy81 , In the size of the bubble and color you should be able to use measure. It will not work when you are using legend. as legend will create its own color

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kkjoy81 , Usually conditional formatting does not work if you use legend or more than one measures

@amitchandak Thanks for the message... It turns out what i am displaying is a measure... bummer. Is there anyway around this? With only displaying lat and long and this column of data, the size of the bubble is the same across the entire map now. Is there anyway to modify it so it shows differences in size based on value

@kkjoy81 , In the size of the bubble and color you should be able to use measure. It will not work when you are using legend. as legend will create its own color

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.