Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Powerbi PPM calculation

Hi Powerbi Community,

I am struggeling with a PPM calculation I am trying to preform.

All files do have relationship between them.

I do have the total quantity supplied to several customers in "Main Data file"

Main file:

Customer ID:
Customer name:
Customer Location: Do not want to use
Customer supplied quantities:

Supplied part:

Supporting file: 

Customer ID:
Customer name:
Customer Location: Do want to use this location from this file.
Reported Quantities:
Supplied part:

Currently my formula is like "Taken from another formula on powerbi community"

PPM = CALCULATE(SUM('Complaint Tracking'[Quantity Reported]),ALLSELECTED('Complaint Tracking'[Customer Location]))
/
CALCULATE(SUM('0112017_CQE_Data'[Net Inv QTY]),ALLSELECTED('0112017_CQE_Data'))*1000000

For me it seems the PPM calculation is off and incorrect.

I want to see the PPM per.

Customer: Shows globally the whole customer PPM for all parts.
Customer Location: Shows globally all the PPMs per location.
Part supplied PPM globally: PPM globally per part family.

Do these need to be seperate PPM calculation ?

Hopefully someone can give me some support.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Change formula of PPM to the following , then create visuals combining different fields with this measure and check if the measure returns your expected result.

PPM = CALCULATE(SUM('Supporting Data'[Quantity Reported]))/CALCULATE(SUM('Main Data'[Net Inv QTY]),ALLSELECTED('Main Data'))*1000000

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Change formula of PPM to the following , then create visuals combining different fields with this measure and check if the measure returns your expected result.

PPM = CALCULATE(SUM('Supporting Data'[Quantity Reported]))/CALCULATE(SUM('Main Data'[Net Inv QTY]),ALLSELECTED('Main Data'))*1000000

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So hereby I added some picture trying to explain it better.

Currently I am looking for ppm calculation which shows me the correct data.

Main file provides me with the customer name + Quantity shipped that particulair YTD.

Supporting file provide me with the Quantity reported " NOK / Not good material" YTD + Location which reported + Customer name.

The stack charts I want to show on my Powerbi.Main FileMain FileSupporting FileSupporting FileCharts I would like to represent, Customer PPM globally - PPM per location and PPM per family product.Charts I would like to represent, Customer PPM globally - PPM per location and PPM per family product.

@Anonymous,

Could you please store the dummy data of your tables in Excel file and share me the Excel file via OneDrive? Also please help to post expected result in table format based on the data you share to me.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

Sorry for late reply.

Dummy Data hereby the link to the dummy data.

I didn't get the part you wanted me to put the expected results in table format ? Do you have an example.

Thank you,

@Anonymous,

I am not able to access the above file. I want to know your expected result based on the dummy data, it is easy for us to understand if you put the expected result in table or cells.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dropbox Link

Hi Lydia,

OneDrive I cannot share the data as it has been disabled.

I do understand you want it in table format. But I do not know the formula to get that typ of result for excel, I have to dive in to it.

So you are saying you do not know where I want to go with the explanation.

I want a Parts per million calculation.

Per family "Part name"
Per customer total.
Per customer Location.

Current formula in Powerbi is use = "Doesn't show the correct data", shows for customer location all the same PPM.

PPM = CALCULATE(SUM('Complaint Tracking'[Quantity Reported]),ALLSELECTED('Complaint Tracking'[Customer Location]))
/
CALCULATE(SUM('0112017_CQE_Data'[Net Inv QTY]),ALLSELECTED('0112017_CQE_Data'))*1000000

Second question would be, do I need several PPM calculations to do the 3 above cases or can I do it with 1 formula.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Could you please share dummy data of your tables and post the expected result in table format?

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.