Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerQuery case sensitive workaround

Hi, 

I'm trying to use a workaround for PowerQuery being case insensitive but had a bit of trouble implementing it. The workaround adds an invisible character next to each lowercase character. https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2019/10/06/power-bi-and-case-sensitivity/

In the example, a new table is made from the source data. I would like to just add a new column to my current table that copies my Street Order ID and adds in the invisible characters. Here's the code I have so far:

ToList = Table.AddColumn(Source,
"CaseSensitiveStreetID",
each Text.ToList([Street Order ID])
),
LowerCaseChars = {"a".."z"},
AddInvisibleChars =
Table.AddColumn(
ToList,
"AddInvisibleChars",
each
List.Transform(
[CaseSensitiveStreetID],
each
if
List.Contains(LowerCaseChars, _)
then
_ & Character.FromNumber(8203)
else _
)
),
RecombineList =
Table.AddColumn(
AddInvisibleChars,
"OutputText",
each
Text.Combine([AddInvisibleChars]),
type text
),

RemovedOtherColumns =
Table.SelectColumns(
RecombineList,
{"OutputText"}
),

However, this does not add a new column 'OutputText' to my table. What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xue Ding,

I found a workaround by concattening two ID numbers which gave me another UID. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I test the code. They work fine in my sample. Can you please share some screenshots? Then we will understand clearly about your problem.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xue Ding,

I found a workaround by concattening two ID numbers which gave me another UID. 

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

Glad that you have resolved it. Please accept your answer as a solution. Then we will be able to close the thread. More people will benefit here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.