Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerQuery, SAP Connector, need to schedule refresh and update data

Specific question regarding power query's ability to refresh on schedule.  An excel file w/Power Query exists.  I uses the SAP Business Objects BI Universe connector.  With connection, a table is created from the .unx SAP universe.  

What are next steps to automate this, to run daily?  

I save the .xlsx file to OneDrive.  I've tried importing the table and setting the file up with the Personal Gateway thinking that would refresh the external data connections and the content of the file.  I don't get refresh errors.  But clearly the data isn't updating or saving in the file on the OneDrive.  

Do I set up just the data connection, import into desktop excel workbook contents and try to get just the data connection?  And refresh this?  How is that saved on update....

What's step am I missing that will update and save the the updated query results back to the excel file or a data model to feed my power bi visualizations.  

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

What version of Excel do you use? I haven’t seen the SAP Business Objects BI Universe connector in Excel 2016. If you use Excel 2013, make sure you’ve updated Power Query to the latest version. Also ensure that you load data into the data model by selecting “Add this data to the Data Model” option following the guide in this article.

In addition, have you edited the credential for your data source when setting schedule refresh for your dataset?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.