Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cgrundy
Regular Visitor

PowerQuery Parameter Multi-Select Reverts to Single-Select on Refresh bug

I have one sql table in direct query mode, and one Power Query Paramater of type Any. I can go into the Model and assign one of the columns to the Paramater and select "Multi-Select" and everything works. I can publish to the service and multiselect works, but if i click Refresh on the desktop the Multi-Select turns off and it goes to a single slection...Tried playing with the Visualization->Visual->Slicer settings->Selection->Single Select  but that does not work. Seems to be a bug...able to reproudce on new files easily. See below for screenshots of steps.

cgrundy_0-1652376005453.png

cgrundy_1-1652376037884.png

cgrundy_2-1652376216827.png

cgrundy_3-1652376244721.pngcgrundy_4-1652376259334.png

cgrundy_5-1652376275951.png

cgrundy_6-1652376301569.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cgrundy ,

If your use cases require multi-selection (passing multi-values to a single parameter), you must toggle the switch to Yes and ensure that your M query is set up properly to accept multiple values in the M query. Here's an example for Parameter1, which allows for multiple values:

vkkfmsft_0-1652775386922.png

let
    SelectID = if Type.Is(Value.Type(Parameter1),List.Type) then Text.Combine({"'", Text.Combine(Parameter1,"','"),"'"}) else Text.Combine({"'", Parameter1, "'"}),
    Source = Sql.Database(".", "CaseTest", [Query="Select *#(lf)From Query1 where test in (" & SelectID & ")"])
in
    Source

vkkfmsft_1-1652775739308.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cgrundy ,

If your use cases require multi-selection (passing multi-values to a single parameter), you must toggle the switch to Yes and ensure that your M query is set up properly to accept multiple values in the M query. Here's an example for Parameter1, which allows for multiple values:

vkkfmsft_0-1652775386922.png

let
    SelectID = if Type.Is(Value.Type(Parameter1),List.Type) then Text.Combine({"'", Text.Combine(Parameter1,"','"),"'"}) else Text.Combine({"'", Parameter1, "'"}),
    Source = Sql.Database(".", "CaseTest", [Query="Select *#(lf)From Query1 where test in (" & SelectID & ")"])
in
    Source

vkkfmsft_1-1652775739308.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can raise an issue at https://issues.powerbi.com . If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.