Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerPivot Table

Hello Everyone, I'm using PowerPivot at the excel (Not on the Desktop App),

What I'm trying to do is to create a PowerPivot table with Data from 2 diffrent tables. I Tried to create a releationship between the tabels with the Seller name, but i got an error message (need a monovalent coulmn).

Thanks Guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

the easiest way is to have 3rd table with all the unique Seller Names and do joins from that table (you can do that in Power Query/Get & Transform in the Data ribbon if you use Excel 2016)

or you could append table 1 & 2 but first adding an identifier column for type of sale

Sale TypeSeller NameAmount
regularJohn607
regularBen834
WIPJohn503
WIPBen456

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

the easiest way is to have 3rd table with all the unique Seller Names and do joins from that table (you can do that in Power Query/Get & Transform in the Data ribbon if you use Excel 2016)

or you could append table 1 & 2 but first adding an identifier column for type of sale

Sale TypeSeller NameAmount
regularJohn607
regularBen834
WIPJohn503
WIPBen456

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Stacho, thanks for your comment!

Actually there is a database behind the tables, each database has a lot of sales lines that I agreed to the pivot table. Thats why I'm trying to do that in PowerPivot tool.

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

that's perfectly fine, you can still connect to the database and make this kind of changes

best way to do it is with Power Query (so you don't  have to copy & paste anything). If you're using PowerPivot connections then I'd recommend rebuilding them in PQ

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.