Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NikitaChavan

PowerKPI Alerts & Automation

Currently we are monitoring a dashboard which has multiple pinned tiles from multiple different reports (70+). The report which are pinned to dashboard is a PowerKPI visual in which we observe 3 things - 1] whether the actual line is displayed 2] whether Target is displayed  3] Whether the KPI is displayed. If any of them is missing we send an email to stakeholders. Currently we are doing this manually, which is very time consuming. We want to automate this process. As I was going through PowerBI forums, I found, Power BI Premium account has an option to send an alert and further we can send an email via Microsoft flow. Below are few of my questions for which i would appreciate if I could get any help.

1] Does Power BI Alerts supports PowerKPI visuals? As alerts has limitation that they support only gauges, kPI's and cards.

2] Is there any another way to automate the monitoring?

3] Also is there a way to find if the underlying report pinned to dashboard is failing. Sometimes it happens that pinned tile on dashboard shows data but when you get redirected to report it is gives an error.

Suggestions/Advice required.

2 REPLIES 2
DevScopeHelp
Helper III
Helper III

Have you tried PowerBI Robots yet? Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but it allows you to schedule and send multiple reports to any email account or SharePoint library as an image or PDF file.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@NikitaChavan,

As far as I know, there is no elegant way. You may also sign in to give documentation feedback at the bottom.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.