Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nikhil1106

PowerBi as a data source?

Hi all,

I am new to powerBi and exploring the features of this tool.

One question I had is, Can Power BI act as a data source that can feed into other systems ?

If So, what kind of connections need to be established?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
chotu27
Post Patron
Post Patron

@Nikhil1106 You can connect to Power bi datasets check below screenshotpbi.PNG

Hi @chotu27 . Thank you for your reponse. But I think the below screenshot is connecting one powerBi dataset with other powerBi data, correct?

I am looking for other systems like Salesforce, Business objects etc.

Can powerBi act as datasource to salesforce or other such systems(maybe cognos, oracle)?

Hi @Nikhil1106

Using Power BI as a data source is the matter for other systems, it needs these system to grant power bi as a data source.

Which purpose do you like thie feature?

If you want to view and interactive power bi report within other system or Apps, you could consider power bi embeded, suck like

Embedding a Power BI report into Salesforce

Embed a Power BI report, dashboard, or tile into an application for your customers

Best Regards

Maggie

@Nikhil1106 NO this is not possible and not available

marycoop

Hi. I'm also new to PowerBi. How can I implement it to my website https://ukessay.com/lab-reports-writing-service or or can I do it at all? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.