Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

myou
Helper II
Helper II

PowerBi Service Changes Local Time to UTC

This is really frustrating

I have tried everything

In Power Bi Desktop all dates are fine

Then suddenly in power bi service the date changes 1 day back

The steps are like below

1. I have Leave STart date in UTC time

image.png

2. Then I convert it to Datetimezone

= Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Removed Other Columns2",{{"Leave Start Date", type datetimezone}})

image.png

3.  Then I convert it to local time

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type1", "LeaveStartDate", each DateTimeZone.SwitchZone([Leave Start Date],4,0))

image.png

4. Then I tranform it to date

image.png

In PBI Desktop its fine, when I publish it suddenly the date changes to 28 Dec for example id =83507

5 REPLIES 5
Adamtall
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

There is currently no way to change time zone in Service. 

But 🙂

I had the same problem couple of month ago.

Powerquery custom column. (maybe not the right +2 for you, but for me it was.)

DateTimeZone.SwitchZone(DateTimeZone.FixedUtcNow(),+2)

Hope it helps! 

/Adam

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @myou ,

Sorry for that, but we cannot reproduce this issue on my side, we tested with the "LeaveStartDate" as datetimezone type and date time type, does other date have this issue on your report?

All the queries we used are following:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WsjA2NTBX0lEyNNI3stA3MjC0VDA0sDIAIYUAXwVtMEspNhYA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [FilledFormId = _t, #"Leave Start Date" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"FilledFormId", Int64.Type}, {"Leave Start Date", type datetimezone}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "LeaveStartDate", each DateTimeZone.SwitchZone([Leave Start Date],4,0)),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"LeaveStartDate", type datetimezone}})
in
    #"Changed Type1"

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WsjA2NTBX0lEyNNI3stA3MjC0VDA0sDIAIYUAXwVtMEspNhYA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [FilledFormId = _t, #"Leave Start Date" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"FilledFormId", Int64.Type}, {"Leave Start Date", type datetimezone}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "LeaveStartDate", each DateTimeZone.SwitchZone([Leave Start Date],4,0)),
    #"Changed Type1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Added Custom",{{"LeaveStartDate", type date}})
in
    #"Changed Type1"

7.jpg8.jpg

Please also refer to this post about this scenario: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Knowledge-Base/Time-in-PBI-Service-is-inconsistent-with-t...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@

In power bi desktop I dont face this issue, its when I publish to power bi Service

Its fine for 1 min then after 10 mins when I refresh, the time is changing 

Hi @myou ,

We can try to set the column as date/time/zone in Power Query Editor and format it as date type in data model to solve it.

11.jpg10.jpg

12.jpg

We have test refreh it several times on Power BI Service.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lid-msft  Unfortunelety still facing this issue

Only way to fix it is to do conversion from sqlserver

I have to ask, is it related any sort of way to the database?

Am reading from Azure Database stored in cloud, and its stored in this way 2018-07-31T20:00:00.000Z

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.